As part of Milaha’s efforts to encourage and develop national talents, the company provides sponsorship to Qatari nationals to study in various universities within and outside Qatar.
Which fields of study are relevant to Milaha’s Sponsorship Program?
Milaha is determine to invest in the education and development of young Qataris who consider studying operational and technical disciplines that could be applied in the Maritime industry, the disciplines are:
- Maritime / Nautical sciences with associated marine exposure (Deck Officer , Port and Shipping ,Transport Management , Logistics , Maritime Operations)
- Engineering (electrical, mechanical, industrial, electronic, instrumentation, telecommunications, civil , marine)
- Inspection & quality control
- Information technology (IT)
- Safety & fire
- Finance & accounting
- Environmental science
- Business administration
Who is eligible for Milaha’s Sponsorship Program?
To apply for one of our sponsorship program, you need to:
Attend or be accepted to attend a university or college that Milaha approves and listed under the HEI approved list.
- Hold a high school certificate under the Qatar Government examination system with an average score of at least 80%
- Pass the Milaha Learning & Development interview. English language skills (Minimum IELTS score 5.0 or TOEFL 500) or completed the foundation program as required by the concerned university.
In addition, if you are already attending an approved college or university, you need to:
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 (priority for students who completed the sophomore year)
- Not be already sponsored by another company or organization