- The role of the Manager Enterprise Risk Management is to spread the risk management culture and awareness across the company and its wholly / majority owned subsidiaries.
- To develop the company’s risk models including, financial, operational, compliance, IT, market, HSEQ, and credit risks.
- To ensure the effectiveness of risk management practices across the company and report to the PCEO on the same
- To ensure that the risk management practices are in compliance with applicable laws and regulation in the state of Qatar and abroad.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization
- Risk assessment, which involves analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business
- Work with business units heads in organizing and facilitating risk identification and rating workshops
- Manage the risk champions designated in each business unit. These Champions will report to the ERM Manager on a weekly basis the changes in risks profile and will have to send on a monthly basis an official report for the review and approval of the ERM Manager prior to circulating it to the MLT members
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organisation such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organisation’s previous handling of risks
- Recommending for PCEO endorsement and BoD approval the company’s ‘risk appetite’, i.e. the level of risk they are willing to accept
- Reporting regularly to Chief Internal Auditor and the MLT on the company’s top risks, risk profile processes wise, and action plan status implementation
- Liaising with Internal Audit on risk identification and assessment
- Providing support, education and training to Milaha staff to build risk awareness within the company
- Support and provide guidance to business units in the creation of business continuity plans to ensure mitigation of corresponding risks
- Support and provide guidance to business in the development of disaster recovery and emergency response processes and plans
- Graduate Degree in Risk Management, Business, Accounting, Economics, legal or business-related field
- 7 -10 years in risk management – At least 5 years in a managerial role
- PC and Computer. ERP experience with Oracle database is a definite plus
- Strong knowledge of theories and practices related to Risk Management (COSO Framework, ISO 31000:2009)
- Strong knowledge of developing and monitoring risk management plans and budgets