- Ensures that inbound and outbound consignments are processed efficiently in accordance to agreed customer service level agreements and customs documentation requirements.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist Logistics Coordinator to convey importers and exporters the federal regulations for sending and receiving goods to and from overseas.
- Inform Logistics Coordinator about customs regulations, shipping restriction, international tariffs, and insurance requirements
- Perform and implement all custom clearance activities such as following upcoming Shipment, documents transactions and day-to-day related activities in accordance with the objectives, policies and procedures
- Participate in the development of the Custom Clearance Section’s work plan and preparing work schedules and expediting work flow to improve efficiency of the Custom Clearance Section
- Coordinate with the Clearing Agents and prepare supporting documents required for clearance such as B/Gs, shipping guarantees requisitions and ensure on time submittal and follow up for immediate clearance.
- Confirm vessels arrival time to Operation department for payment purposes and release payment requisitions for CAD shipments to guarantee availability of shipping documents prior to vessels arrival.
- Prepare periodic reports with respect to Custom Clearance Section’s activities and achievements to be submitted to the Support Services Section Head
- Prepare and confirm all import permits from the Government Authorities plus any and all import custom exemption documents, formats and formalities corroborated that any and all of our inbound shipments are cleared within the given grace period offered by the sea ports, in order to not incur penalty payments
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Higher School Secondary /Bachelors Degree.
- 03 – 05 Years working experience in similar capacity
- Knowledge of prevalent Custom Procedures / Processes.
- Good knowledge of Office and web applications
- Fluency in Arabic is a must. Able to communicate in English (Good)
- Technical and operational knowledge Logistics operations and services is a plus.