Prepare vessels for dry-docking activities as per Q-Ship Asset Management standards and plan for vessel inspections and audits and ensure compliance with technical policies and procedures.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing new newbuilds construction projects and participate in testing procedures to ensure construction is compliant with set specifications and quality parameters;
- Maintain detailed awareness of vessel and machinery performance by means of planning regular repairs and follow up on defects;
- Provide guidance to technical assistants in terms of receiving and processing purchase requisitions according to Q-Ship procurement guidelines and ensuring appropriate documentation, compliance to procedure and timely placements of purchase orders;
- Investigate machinery failures and perform tests to diagnose technical issues in order to carry out corrective actions and report to Senior Manager Technical Management in this regard;
- Prepare vessels for dry-docking by coordinating with dry-docks personnel and perform regular inspections and repairs;
- Prepare contract specifications for overhauls, evaluate and oversee operation of equipment during acceptance testing;
- Ensure that all vessel certifications and surveys for class and flag are in order for vessel inspection and audits and ensure all relevant documentation is properly kept, maintained and updated;
- Prepare financial budgets reports including activities such as maintenance repairs, stores and dry-docking of vessels;
- Assist in ensuring Q-Ship’s vessels operate in compliance with best-in-class Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Management practices and international regulations;
- Maintain cost controls on technical operations with respect to budgets and prepare cost-benefit analysis and report on vessel engineering and modifications;
- Analyze risks associated with vessel and machinery performance with respect to Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) issues, and coordinate the development and deployment of Contingency Plans;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Senior Manager Technical Management.
- Ensure operations/work processes occur in accordance with all relevant legal, regulatory, and any other standards and requirements to which compliance is required
- Ensure the health and safety of all employees and the protection of the environment for all sites/work premises under their control.
- Bachelor Degree in Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or any related field
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Vessel dry docking or any related field
- Good knowledge of Office and web applications
- Business fluent English
- Good knowledge vessel operations, administration and inspection activities
- Good knowledge of vessel new-building and construction projects
- Good knowledge of Quality Management Systems, such as ISO 9001