- To ensure highest professional industry standards of marine and non-marine structural fabrication work and production practices in accordance with the section quality procedures and quality manuals.
- To work as a leader, coach and coordinate the team for on time completion of the projects and to improve the day- to- day work activities and facilities.
- Independently carry out all activities assigned with self-motivation as per Shipyard Management system standards and procedures.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Fully responsible for a section team supervision, coordination and leadership in coordination with other sections to support, follow up, report and organize related work activities in the yard
- Supervise structural fabrication activities and work towards improvement of team members and facility/tools/equipment
- Ensure strict supervision of team personnel towards maximum productivity and efficiency with safety and quality first in mind
- Follow up strictly the assignments, organize and coordinate to execute the tasks/activities as per the approved documentation (drawings, specifications and procedures)
- Prepare request of materials /services for structural fabrication activities. Responsible for ordering, monitoring, distributing and installation of materials
- Prepare calibration reports for fabricated structural items in coordination with QA/QC section
- Ensure work is executed in assigned budgeted hours, by mantaining accurate tracking of the bookings and manhours consumed by each team member
- Plan and project manpower requirement. Ensure manpower requirements are communicated to / from the Supervisor and are available
- Report any deviation from schedule and inform in advance Supervisor for any risks, deviations and issues expected
- Maintain quality records updated and assure job history is available for all attended job
- Prepare job completion reports and submit to Client for approval, after that send to Supervisor
- Ensure each team member has all the necessary tools, equipment, specifications, drawings and procedures to properly accomplish their jobs. Monitor reworks trends and implement corrective/preventative actions
- Ensure that all works are carried out in a safe and high-quality manner and in compliance with the division’s HSSE, Quality Assurance procedures, Quality Manuals and super yachts standards for engine repairs and overhauls
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities assigned by Management
- High School Diploma or ITI certificate or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of structural fabrication with well-known company in Marine or Oil & Gas field;
- Minimum 1 year experience in a supervisory role;
- Heavy industry experience;
- Shipyard experience will be preferred.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and web applications.
- Working knowledge of English (verbal and written);
- Knowledge of Hindi will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of ship repair yard functions and activities;
- Ability to read the installation, start up and operation manual and follow systems/equipment start-ups procedures and troubleshooting;
- Good knowledge of estimating hours for fabrication of CS, Aluminium and SS materials;
- Good knowledge of joint preparation, prevention of buckling/ distortion; marking, cutting and fit up of structures and plates as per approved drawings;