- Implement HSEQ strategy within the site operational environment
- Manage assurance processes within the site operational environment to drive sustained improvement
- Implement and direct change within the site to achieve a positive safety culture
- Assess and assure site management maintain compliance against regulatory, contractual, Milaha HSSEQ framework and accepted industry practice requirements
Provide expert technical guidance to line management functions.
- Provide direction to site management in response to any identified regulatory and other obligation nonconformance to assure a timely and adequate response.
- Participate in setting the overall HSEQ strategy and responsible for directing managers to assure complete implementation within the site
- Provide direction to management and supervisors in the implementation of a positive HSSEQ culture within the site
- Application of compliance methodologies and measurement tools for application within the operational environment
- Coach and mentor site management and supervisors to understand and implement zero harm management strategies consistent with site/project needs and in accordance with Milaha HSEQ Management Systems.
- Assure that site management and supervisors are reducing the site-specific risk profile to as low as reasonably practicable by using industry specific hierarchy of control principles.
- Proving high level technical expertise input to managers and supervisors where required
- Guide management representatives who hold assigned responsibility for inspections of workplaces, approval of work method statements, issuing work permits, high-risk work process documentation etc so as to assure fit-for-purpose operational conditions are determined and in place.
- Lead incident investigations, guiding site management and staff through casual analysis methodologies to validate systems failures, root causes, and remedial measures to minimise risk exposure and operating costs.
- Oversee the creation and delivery of HSEQ training programmes and verification of competency assurance for operational activities which have an element of HSEQ criticality.
- Autonomous authority to enact a ‘stop work’ on operational activities at any point where they have a reasonable expectation that an event could occur which would result in injury, environmental effect or damage to property.
- May undertake whatever corrective action they feel reasonable at a given point in time to mitigate risk to people, environment or property.
- Develop a safety culture in a multinational environment where perceptions of safety and risk vary considerably.
- 3-year Full Time Degree in Health and Safety from a recognised institution; or
- 3-year Full Time Degree (Associated Degree) from a recognised institution and a 2-year Full Time Graduate Diploma in Health and Safety.
- Lead Auditor qualification for ISO accreditation framework from a recognised institution e.g. Exemplar Global, IRCA.
- Training and Assessment qualification
- Root Cause Analysis certification from an external training organisation.
- First Aid certification
- Minimum 8 Years demonstratable experience in the HSE profession of which 5 years as HSE Advisor in heavy industry (e.g. Oil & Gas, Marine, Mine, Port, Power Generation, Manufacturing) or in an Industrial City Environment.
- At least 3 years demonstratable experience in a Supervisory role.
- Computer Competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Sound knowledge of international best-practices gained from global companies that operate in high-risk, high-consequence environments governed by stringent regulatory requirements.