To develop and manage cash flow and balance sheet forecasting models for the various business units and manage liquidity for the entire group
- Design and build financial models for new and existing capital projects – coordinate with different business units, understand their business/ operational requirements, agree on key assumptions/ inputs and develop comprehensive flexible financial models
- Active involvement in the tendering process – review the tender documents, highlight the financial terms, coordinate with business units, agree on assumptions and develop financial models
- Develop and review business cases for new projects/ changes in existing projects through various parameters such as IRR, NPV, profitability
- Support M&A from finance perspective
- Perform valuations of companies using different methodologies such as income approach, market comparable approach and net assets value approach
- Conduct detailed analysis of historical and forecast financial information (through management reports, financial reports, desktop research
- Conduct initial screening of companies and markets through high-level desktop research
- Perform analysis of historical and forecast financial information to identify key attributes and issues/ risks in a transaction/ company.
- Management reporting:
- Compile presentations/ report to provide financial insights/ information management and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations (especially related to Corporate Finance, investments, etc.)
- Develop tools, reports and systems to provide critical Balance Sheet, P&L and liquidity information to various stakeholders
- Analyze and recommend hedging strategies to manage the interest rate risk and foreign exchange rate risk exposure.
- Develop Cash Flow Forecasting Model for different business units with the purpose of Capital Planning, Treasury and Risk management.
- Prepare debt planning tools and models for the group to stress the sensitivities of various factors, analysing the impact of new capital and assuring no breach of any of the financial covenants anytime.
- Perform desktop and third party research on different sectors (macro view, key trends, pros & cons, outlook etc.)
- Assist management in forming a view on the state of different sectors and to compare performance of BUs
- Compile presentations, with analysis and actionable recommendations, for management
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with BUs and external consultants
- Ensure operations/work processes occur in accordance with all relevant legal, regulatory, and any other standards and requirements to which compliance is required
- Ensure the health and safety of all employees and the protection of the environment for all sites/work premises under their control.
- Bachelors Degree in Economics, Finance, Math or Business
- Masters Degree preferred.
- 6-8 years of experience in corporate finance and liquidity planning
- Middle East experience is preferred
- Good knowledge in MS office applications and research tools like Bloomberg and Zawya
- Business fluent in English. Arabic is a plus
- Technologically competent (esp. MS excel)
- Understanding of how financial instruments work
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Strong organizational skills and uncompromising attention to details