Drive and manage all aspects of media relations across Milaha
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain a comprehensive database of validated and categorized media contacts with all relevant details.
- Act as an accessible resource that is available for press inquiries on both regular days of business and moments of sudden change or emergencies.
- Assist senior manager, corporate communications in preparing a proactive stakeholder engagement plan, towards establishing and maintaining cordial relationships with media contacts, agencies and networks in target markets.
- Arrange interviews and other speaking engagements for Milaha’s designated spokespersons with media outlets.
- Develop, write,draft, and edit key messages in line with Milaha’s communications strategy including annual reports, press releases, articles, speeches, contents and brochures and annual newsletter.
- Assist in organizing press conferences within agreed timelines and budget. Takes ownership for the preparation of press kits and coordinating other arrangements.
- Review and monitor print and electronic media for news and advertisements that are industry related and/or company specific and taker ownership of the development and production of media monitoring reports.
- Maintain a comprehensive record of external media requests and request log, in addition to keeping a press release archive.
- Provide input for social media content development to maximize use of our social media channels
- Establish good relationships and rapport with media houses
- Source representatives and media personalities for the benefit of improving the image and reputation within Qatar and the region.
- Coordinate with concerned departments to compile, edit, translate internal and/or external messaging content and communication related text,. press releases, interview guides with answers, documentaries, FAQs, media profiles, biographies, among others
- Follow specified systems, processes and procedures, implemented in the workplace, to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and other requirements/standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Media, Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism or any related field.
- Experience of 5 years in Media, Marketing, Communication or a related field with a diverse network.
- Ability to take ownership of projects, as well as effectively managing multiple stakeholders.
- Trained in mass media tools and have a strong understanding of group psychology.
- GCC/Middle East experience a plus.
- Willing to work occasional evening and weekends, Ability to deal and interact with cross geographical agencies and media.
- Ability to deal effectively with emergencies and crisis.
- Strong collaborative interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient with MS Office, including word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Superior accuracy, attention to detail, creativity, time-management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluency in Arabic is essential.