- Conduct marine surveys & inspections.
- Special investigations & re-inspections for special cargos upon requests.
- Prepare claims and damages reports.
- Provide updates on various P&I case assignments.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct marine surveys for local and various international Clubs (On & Off hours – 24 Hrs).
- Perform Initial & final Draught Survey upon confirmation from the principal.
- Conduct On & Off hire bunker surveys, condition surveys and submit reports.
- Conduct container stuffing, cross stuffing & de-stuffing survey as per requests.
- Special cargo weighing and monitoring surveys for Livestock vessels.
- Damage/loss investigations and P&I surveys to the representative clubs.
- Conduct onboard re-inspections as per special requisitions from the client for the claim of re-investigations.
- Assist supervisor in undertaking investigations resulted from a claim for damage/loss to the insured vessel or third party property.
- Assist supervisor in handling settlement of P&I claims against client’s vessels and issue bill of lading.
- Record cargo claims on behalf of management from consignees, insurance companies and other parties.
- Inspect damaged cargo/containers when required, at port premises or consignees warehouse or at any other place where cargos are in damaged conditions.
- Provides update reports and correspondence to various P&I principals.
- Provides technical recommendations to owners, charterers, and P&I Clubs as may be required.
- Follow specified systems, processes and procedures, implemented in the workplace, to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and other requirements/standards.
- Work safely at all times, protecting the health and safety of everyone in the workplace.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Customs Administration, Law or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in handling general marine and cargo surveys, claims and loss adjustments.
- MS Office.
- English (Read/Write/Speak).
- Good knowledge of International Maritime Law.
- Good knowledge of maritime shipping and customs and port operations.
- Good knowledge of P&I clubs and other specialised maritime bodies.