Responsible for the day-to-day orders of the clients including follow-up of their orders. Maintain good relations provide excellent customer service.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Respond to all requests for quotations from internal parties within 24 hours from initial receipt and provide reports to the supervisor – Customer Relationship.
- Respond promptly to the problems of the customer related to the service provided to them.
- Monitor the shipments on a daily basis, deal with any issues that may occur such as: lost shipments, SOB status, shipment status, container loading and positioning and quoting).
- Liaise with all overseas agents,major shipping lines and airlines in procuring the best rates as per the customer’s requirements.
- Maintain records of interactions/shipments with the customers in an orderly manner.
- Participate in the business activities for the company in cooperation with the Business Development team and other relevant departments to ensure proper coordination of orders or customer’s requirements is highly maintained.
- Coordinate with the operation department to find solutions and resolve matters related to customer’s queries.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and maintain a closed contact with all customers – including follow up on concerns or other issues.
- Assist A/R collections and support team members when needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Diploma, preferably in transportation or related education.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in logistics sales with proven sales background on the 3PL/Logistics industry.
- GCC or other countries in a similar business setting.
- Ms office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint). Exposure and knowledge of freight IT systems/tools to enable business improvements.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Strong knowledge of the Qatar logistics market.
- Strong knowledge of local and regional custom procedures and legislation.
- The ability to understand and exploit customer opportunities locally, regionally and internationally.