The Survey Engineer is responsible for the management of all Survey related matters, including but not limited to, tender management, project support, work and maintenance procedures.
- Operate competently all relevant Positioning/Survey equipment.
- Support the Diving Dept Management in its endeavour to develop survey activity
- Responsible for the overseeing maintenance; repair and operational status of all Positioning/survey equipment mobilized onboard the survey vessel
- Fault finding, repair and maintenance of electronic, computer and electromechanical equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment failures are documented and reported to technical department
- Installation and interfacing of equipment and data communications networks on board ships.
- Calibration and verification of measuring devices.
- Operating surface and underwater positioning systems/ Operating geophysical survey systems.
- Development of existing survey systems to fulfil specific project requirements.
- Identify faults and effect repairs as and when required to maintain operation status of all equipment and data network.
- Liaise with offshore Survey Personnel during operations.
- Supervise equipment administration, PMS, reporting and log keeping including tracking of equipment.
- Test and interface survey sensors and systems to vessel, ROV, online and offline systems
- Manage (preventive) maintenance schedules for all survey equipment
- Keep abreast of relevant technical developments, working practices and department procedures
- Must a bachelor’s degree holder or equivalent
- HNC / HND in Hydro graphic Surveying and one (02) years on-line diving / ROV operation.
- 5+ offshore survey engineering experience.
- Middle East experience an advantage
- Computer literate, with a good appreciation of hardware, software and operating systems is essential.
- Language skills: Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Experience with acoustic positioning and survey systems including but not limited to the following;
– DGPS systems
– Underwater Gyro
– USBL systems
– and MB echo sounders
– Sub bottom profilers
– Good experience in electronic communication protocols