To perform all types of marine and non-marine job quotations as per approved tariff and preparation of invoices.
- Prepare marine and non-marine tenders and cost estimates.
- Perform estimating tasks as assigned, ensuring that the estimation services provided enhance the company’s image as a full-service provider and competitive priced contractor.
- Review, inspect, clarify, interpret and develop detailed scope of work for every project/Job enquired by the client.
- Prepare quotations based on client repair specifications, visit the sites/ vessels for estimating the job scope prior to preparing quotes, prepare technical tender specification and forward to the manager of Estimation & Invoicing.
- Monitor the given jobs in progress along with the estimated time frame and budgeted cost & plan.
- Seek cost/estimate for materials and specialist/subcontractors jobs.
- Visit onboard ship/work site for work follow up and preparation of additional quotes/invoicing on a daily basis.
- Prepare and submit daily updates of the costs to the clients’major projects.
- Finalize repair invoices with owner prior to the vessel departure.
- Prepare detailed invoices pertaining to quoted prices, actual booking cost and the cost incurred and forward to the manager of Estimation & Invoicing.
- Coordinate with other departments for issues relating to all kinds of resource plans for cost estimation of jobs.
- Coordinate with the sales team to meet customer expectation.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Diploma in Engineering.
- 5 – 10 years experience in estimation and invoicing in shipyard.
- Proficiency in MS office and web applications.
- Business fluent in English; knowledge of Hindi is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of estimation practices and techniques.
- Research skills and analytical thinking.
- Strong knowledge of general repair, outfitting and fabrication operations and services, mechanical and electrical engineering, hull coatings and steel repairs.