- To supervise all shipyard operations from HSSE point of view to ensure that they are conducted according to internationally recognised HSSE practices.
- To implement the requirements of the company HSSE policies and procedures, including but not limited to, hazard identification and risk assessment, developing safe systems for work, training, inspection and certification of plant, equipment, etc, and to promote health and safety vision, safety attitude/culture and motivate employees to accomplish organisational QHSSE objectives and continually improve the overall QHSSE performance.
- To be the subject matter expert, on location / on shift, for HSSE Procedures, including Qatar labour Law, QP regulations in respect of HSSE, and landlord Regulations and requirements for the workplace/camp locations.
- Support QHSSE Manager in developing, administering and maintaining the HSSEQ Management system across the organisation, This would entail but not limited to:
1- Documenting HSSE management procedures / SOPs/Instructions.
2- Recording the information /data on HSSEQ objectives /KPIs/targets.
3- Periodical review of procedures, formats for ensuring its suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.
4- Liaise and coordinate with clients, suppliers and stakeholders in exchanging pertinent HSSEMS information.
5- Update and maintain HSSEQ Management system relevant HSSE information and data.
6- Carry out any other assignment allotted by the line manager.
- Establish safe systems of work (SSOW) for all hazardous operations by ensuring the identification of hazards and risks, proper equipment, material, competent personnel, supervision, standard operating procedures, etc.
- To ensure and enforce adherence to procedures and legal requirements, in the workplace and company premises( i.e.Offices, Workshops, Yard Areas, Camps ) and has authority to cease Milaha operations /activities that contravene any existing procedures or are clearly unhealthy, unsafe, insecure or detrimental to the environment.
- Ensure that Milaha Substance Abuse Policy ( Drug& Alcohol Policy) and smoking Policy are strictly implemented in its operational areas.
- Monitor, Measure and report the leading and lagging HSSE KPIs on a regular basis towards overall HSSE Statics reporting.
- Ensure that hazard identification and risk assessment strategy is implemented and embedded in all operations so that Milaha risk assessment process is managing its HSSE hazards and identified risks.
- Drive the HSSE audits, Inspections and surveys across workshops, dry docks and other operationally important areas and ensure effective adherence to agreed action plan and targets by the process owner / concerned.
- Responds to and investigates all accidents, incidents, near misses, enquiries and requests/complaints from operational areas, 3rd party agencies, stakeholders and other relevant authorities, taking where necessary, enforcement action under the direction of the QHSSE Manager.
- To ensure all accident/incidents are investigated, necessary reports and supporting documentation is completed correctly and sent to the appropriate departments for action, to be verified and approved by the QHSSE Manager before being distributed.
- Should be able to develop, deliver and record HSSE training to staff, contractors, and customers as required.
- Ensure Shipyard work permit system is effectively implemented, Conduct work permit audits at regular intervals to determine the compliance.
- Ensuring that the register of lifting machinery, lifting tackle and shackles are maintained correctly by the relevant section, to carry out regular inspections and audits on equipment.
- Respond to Emergency Response Plan to discharge assigned responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure security surveillance of the facility is effective and in conformance with the ISPS Code requirements, control and consult the security guards in relation to security matters.
- To Participate in Milaha after-hours emergency service as required.
- Degree/ Diploma in engineering or Health, Safety and Environmental subject.
- NEBOSH International General Certificate.
- Lead or Internal Auditor (ISO45001 / ISO14001).
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment knowledge & implementation.
- Work safety inspections and auditing.
- Permit to work system.
- Accident incident investigation knowledge and understanding.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience as HSSE Supervisor in marine, oil and gas or heavy fabrication industry.
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- Must be fully conversant in English.
- Arabic (Desirable).
- Additional languages like Hindi, Tamil, Tagalog, Urdu, etc an advantage.
- Good technical & operational knowledge of marine / port operations and services.
- Emergency response knowledge.
- Knowledge of relevant local & international HSSE legislation, regulations & industry best practices.