- To lead the business development and commercial activities of Milaha’s offshore business unit covering both our Qatar and KSA locations. The incumbent will also be expected to develop the existing offshore construction and maintenance business locally and in the region.
- To ensure high level of client satisfaction by engaging the customers through the operations unit and acting as link between the client and ship management unit.
- The incumbent is also expected to demonstrate ability to develop new business and strategic long-term and high value engagements in harbour operations.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Translate Milaha’s vision and mission into actionable, quantitative plans for the commercial & business development and contribute to the profitability and growth of Milaha Offshore
- Source the market for new business opportunities in and outside Qatar and lead deal negotiations
- Demonstrate strong leadership and accountability to ensure teams fully understand and align to the Milaha strategy, driving a culture of collaboration and high performance
- Develop and drive profitable growth strategies by staying current with the ever-changing market landscape
- Create a marketing strategy that positions the venture to gain market share in the service of specialization.
- Regularly analyze, report and present high level commercial and business development reports to higher management
- Develop the business of our KSA office through arranging more vessel charters
- Submit plans for upcoming tenders and cost reduction in KSA
- Monitor market developments and trends in and outside Qatar to identify opportunities and threats, propose plans, and take action to leverage opportunities and mitigate risk
- Ensure that all activities are performed in compliance with local regulations and in an economic manner in full compliance with best operational practices
- Think outside the box and open new customer segments where Milaha Offshore has not done the business in the past
- Oversee the commercial department and focus on tender and contract management
- Ensure contracts are compliant with company policies and framework
- Ensure all corporate HR activities are done effectively for the assigned team performance management, individual development plan, career and succession plan etc.
- Ensure the health and safety of all employees and the protection of the environment for all sites/work premises under your control
- Develop and maintain good contact and working relationship with clients; and effectively handle customer complaints in conjunction with management representatives
- Design and review the department’s budget
- Develop the existing offshore construction and maintenance business locally and in the region.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from accredited institute in Marine, Business, Marketing or MBA in Maritime Management preferably with Marine Chief Engineer or Master license.
- Previous experience in commercial & business development in the offshore oil service business.
- At least 15 years of work experience gained in companies of repute, with proven track record in business development and tenders for the offshore industry
- Middle East experience (Highly desirable)
- Presentation, analytic tools, MS Office, and other communication applications
- Fluent English (must have); Arabic (highly desirable)
- Strong understanding of offshore industry gained through working in the industry
- Understanding of oil & gas, offshore EPC construction companies as it relates to services, projects, etc.