The position is based in Dubai.
- To support Chartering Manager – Dry Bulk in all dry bulk cargo chartering activities with focus on both sales and operations.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and work on commodity leads; develop and book the cargo for short term and long term contracts
- Negotiate business and charter party details with owners/charterers and international shipbroking firms; and finalizing contract/charter parties
- Secure forward cargoes/COA/ships to cover future ship/cargo position
- Develop/maintain good relations with vessel and cargo owners
- Develop non-aggregate commodities such as coal, iron ore, bauxite etc for company to operate the ships
- Coordinate with various agents/authorities
- Maintain and develop business network, including key customers, brokers, owners, shippers, charterers, and other business partners
- Analyze market intelligence and trends; and present trade studies as well as research and assessment of business development opportunities, as and when appropriate
- Carry out other tasks as required by the line manager
- Bachelor’s Degree from reputed university.
- 5-7 years chartering experience at a ship operator’s office/shipbroking office. Ship operator office experience is preferred.
- Capable of independently developing and maintaining new business
- Has good direct network with vessel owners /cargo owners
- Good client relationship management, negotiation, and communication skills
- Strong financial and business sense with an understanding of market and trade dynamics