- Develop and grow Milaha Offshore business, and provide business development plans to explore new business opportunities regionally and internationally.
- Provide support in acquiring new customers in order to meet offshore sales targets.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Plan and implement the marketing strategies to achieve long-term organizational goals by means of focusing on business development tactics or if any suitable opportunity is identified with M.E or beyond.
- Manage business development operations in order to ensure optimal marketing activities of various offshore services – vessels, diving, etc.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage tender submission in order to ensure they are in line with business development activities;
- Monitor strategic planning and market studies in order to achieve Milaha Offshore corporate objectives and ensure effective and efficient performance;
- Carry out pre-fixture evaluations of chartered-in vessels by means of liaising with the vessel owners and clients; manage operational aspects of the chartered-in vessels during the post fixture phase;
- Set targets and prepare budgets for the department at the same time focusing on cost effective operations; Send regular reports as requested by the department head.
- Develop business in Qatar and build relations with ship owners and cross charter vessels via known ship owners in Qatar. Be fully conversant with Qatar marine requirements for vessels, diving services and operations;
- Monitor the insurance cover of the vessels and ensure all the respective insurance covers are renewed on time;
- Ensure safe operations to avoid high impact on the environment by means of complying with occupational QHSE standards;
- Provide recommendations on hiring new subordinates and ensure the availability of all resources required to perform the tasks and activities;
- Supervise the subordinate staff, assign work activities, monitor performance and review results;
- Act as a coach to subordinates, identify their training and career development, recommend training courses and follow-up on their personnel records such as timesheets, discipline, vacations, leaves and absenteeism;
- Attend conferences/trade shows as approved by Corporate and regularly update on market intelligence.
- Ensure operations/work processes occur in accordance with all relevant legal, regulatory, and any other standards and requirements to which compliance is required
- Ensure the health and safety of all employees and the protection of the environment for all sites/work premises under their control.
- Bachelor Degree or relevant qualification in Marketing or Shipping or Marine Engineering
- 8 – 10 years of experience in an offshore/shipping sector; 5 years of which in a managerial roles
- Good knowledge of Office and web applications
- Business fluent English; Arabic is a plus
- Preferred marine background and must have specific experience in offshore industry.
- First priority shall be given to candidates who worked in Qatar/Middle East or has prior experience doing business in Qatar/Middle East.
- Candidates must have prior focus on Operations, tendering, pricing, key account or client management etc rather than business development or marketing.
- Preference to candidates from vessel owners to charterers/brokers.