Department: Legal Affairs
- To manage the Dispute Resolution, Risk & Compliance Section of Legal Department.
- To ensure Milaha and its staff and subsidiaries maintain and promote the highest standards of legal and regulatory compliance; and advance and protect the vital interests of the company and its reputation.
- To analyze and study the position of Milaha and its subsidiaries in respect of potential dispute, and manage and coordinate with external counsel on litigation and arbitration.
- To develop and monitor a framework on risk management and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor Degree in Law or equivalent
- 8 – 10 years of experience in area of Litigation & Arbitration and Compliance function out of which 2-3 years in an in-house counsel role.
- Civil Law License (Eg. Qatar, GCC, Egypt, Lebanon etc.)
- Fully conversant with GCC court procedures and able to locate and interpret the applicable laws and judgements.
- Good knowledge of Office and web applications
- Arabic language skill is a must. Business English fluent.
- Strong knowledge of local and international laws and regulations, and full understanding of Qatar court procedures.
- Strong knowledge of civil law, company law, commercial laws, employment laws, QFC/QFMA laws and IPR.
- Experience in various global sanction regimes, AML practices, governance administration and legal audit will be preferred.