The incumbent shall be responsible for managing all aspects of tax function for the group including but not limited to tax planning, provision, compliance, audit, reporting etc. You will also drive the development of vision and structure of the Tax Department.
Key focus areas
- Compliance: to be well acquainted with tax laws, structures and region wise implications.
- Taxation and reporting: to establish a system complying with tax laws and to ensure appropriate payment of taxes and effective reporting.
Key roles & responsibilities
- To ensure all tax compliance for the group (including corporation tax, VAT, transfer pricing, WHT, etc) and supervise the calculation and payments of all kinds of taxes.
- To conduct tax due diligence on companies to be acquired or while entering into new jurisdictions or forming new JVs.
- To be responsible for the optimization of tax liabilities, within the regulatory and corporate framework, through informed application of tax laws and regulations; to identify and mitigate tax risks.
- To manage and lead the VAT implementation project across the company and organize deliverables with external advisers; to manage relationship with external tax authorities and consultants locally and regionally.
- To develop standard reports/presentations/processes to provide critical information related to tax management, and to make actionable recommendations.
- To work closely with the EVP – Finance & Investments to establish the tax department’s long-term and short-term goals and objectives, based on Milaha’s vision, mission and overall guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution, with further specialization in “Tax”. Advanced degree a plus.
- 12-15 years of general tax experience, with at least five years focused on international, regional and national taxation.
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns.
- Experience with a Big 4 firm, or large corporate tax department of a multinational company.
- Preference will be given to those with relevant professional certifications in tax, accounting, finance and related fields (CPA, ACCA, ACA or Degree in Tax).
- Experience in shipping and logistics will be an added advantage
- Arabic language skills