Objective of the role
To be responsible for all the tanker vessel chartering activities, and ensure the profitable employment of managed/operated vessels.
Key roles and responsibilities
1- Commercial management, including contracts and negotiation:
- Develop and implement marketing and chartering strategies to provide integrated services that meets clients’ requirements and provide sustainable income/growth for the company
- Responsible for submission of offers, replying to RFPs, managing tender process, new business and contract development
- Negotiates Contracts of Affreightment with ship brokers and charterers, and best possible terms in-line with market rates
2- Customer management:
- Account Management of existing customers (brokers/owners/operators/cargo owners): Strengthen relationships with existing customers; understand customer; provide feedback to execution team and CEO to improve customer experience; ensure all complaints are dealt with effectively; increase share of wallet.
3- Market Analysis
- Conduct competitor and market analysis, customer segmentation, and develop a list of target customers and partners.
- Monitor market trends to identify opportunities and threats; propose plan and take actions to leverage opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Chartering/Commercial operations in the tanker shipping industry, in a Ship Owner Commercial Department/Tanking Broking department or Pool Operators
- Experience in variety of oil and gas tanker chartering (desirable)
- Experience in sale and purchase of vessels